Return of IMSEMU

Ed McNierney ed at TOPOZONE.COM
Tue Nov 9 15:16:14 EST 2004

Paul -

That's just about where I am, too - I had not yet gotten around to dealing with the bindings needed for ESRI-WKT.  However, as far as I can tell ALL cases are failure cases in ArcGIS 9 / SP1 because none of the WKT is "standard".  At least, that is the experience I have been having; simple objects like datums have names like D_North_American_1983 rather than North_American_1983 and cause failure in all cases.

I would be happy to set up a test case if anyone would like to hit it with ArcGIS 9 with Service Pack 1 installed.

        - Ed

Ed McNierney
President and Chief Mapmaker
TopoZone.com / Maps a la carte, Inc.
73 Princeton Street, Suite 305
North Chelmsford, MA  01863
ed at topozone.com
(978) 251-4242

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On Behalf Of Paul Ramsey
Sent: Tuesday, November 09, 2004 1:26 PM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Return of IMSEMU

Probably not, but that should be simple enough to add. Might need to do some extra bindings in mapscript for ESRI-WKT parsing though. Howard did this already in PyIMS, but the binding is in python to ogr, not in mapscript. If one is willing to accept a few failure cases in the short term for those WKT examples where ESRI is notably non-standard the existing projectionfromwkt binding should work fine.
P.