[UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Marker on the Map using Longitude and Latitude

Skweda O'Bomsawin sobomsawin at KASSINI.COM
Wed Nov 10 16:11:53 EST 2004

I think you are talking about grid concept (or graticule).  You can add a
grid layer to your map which will represent parallels and meridians.  To do
so, just put something like this in your map file:

  LAYER

     NAME "grid"

     TYPE LINE

     STATUS ON

     CLASS

       NAME "Graticule"

       COLOR 0 0 0

       LABEL

         COLOR  255 0 0

         FONT arial

         TYPE truetype

         SIZE 8

         POSITION AUTO

         PARTIALS FALSE

         BUFFER 5

         OUTLINECOLOR 255 255 255

       END

    END

    PROJECTION

        "proj=latlong"

        "datum=NAD83"

        "ellps=GRS80"

    END

    GRID

      LABELFORMAT DDMM

      MAXARCS 10

      MAXINTERVAL 10

      MAXSUBDIVIDE 4

    END

  END # Layer

You can read about grid layer in MapServer documentation: HYPERLINK
"http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/doc42/mapfile-reference.html#grid"http://mapse
rver.gis.umn.edu/doc42/mapfile-reference.html#grid

Cheers!

Skweda O'Bomsawin