OGR bug?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Thu Nov 11 09:28:24 EST 2004

Ivano Picco wrote:
> Maybe it's stupid or maybe I found the way to specify another primary key. I
> have to use the pair --with-oci_fid when i run configure as it is reported
> in the source code, isn't it?
> Can you add this information in documentation or in the configure help so it
> can be read to the other people needed it?

Ivano,

OCI_FID is a configuration variable for OGR.  That means you can set it as
an environment variable or define it in a CONFIG directive in your mapfile.
It isn't a configure time option.

I will add documentation about it to OGR driver docs though it was primarily
intended as a temporary hack till I can figure out how to identify the primary
key using OCI (hints welcome).

Best regards,