WFS schemas

N Zhou zhou_naijun at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Nov 15 15:13:17 EST 2004

Hi,

I'd highly appreciate your help/suggestion on my question of applying a
different schemas in WFS.

I sent a WFS DescribeFeatureType request to map server and I got a response
as:

<wfs:FeatureCollection xmlns="http://www.ttt.org/myns"
xmlns:myns="http://www.ttt.org/myns" xmlns:wfs="http://www.opengis.net/wfs"
xmlns:gml="http://www.opengis.net/gml"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.opengis.net/wfs
http://myhost/wfsschema/wfs/1.0.0/WFS-basic.xsd http://www.ttt.org/myns
http://myhost/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/myWFS/data/mywfs.map&SERVICE=WFS&VERSION=1.0.0&REQUEST=DescribeFeatureType&TYPENAME=ngs">
  <import namespace="http://www.opengis.net/gml"
schemaLocation="http://myhost/wfsschema/gml/2.1/feature.xsd" />
  <element name="ngs" type="myns:ngs_Type" substitutionGroup="gml:_Feature"
/>
- <complexType name="ngs_Type">
- <complexContent>
- <extension base="gml:AbstractFeatureType">
- <sequence>
  <element name="MS_GEOMETRY" type="gml:PointPropertyType" nillable="false"
/>
  <element name="PID" type="string" />
  <element name="LATITUDE" type="string" />
  <element name="LONGITUDE" type="string" />
  </sequence>
  </extension>
  </complexContent>
  </complexType>
  </schema>

Here the feature type "ngs_type" contains a list of elements. I wonder how I
can get a response with features and elements defined by a specific schema
(.xsd). I see some wfs schemas under the ows_schemas_location, but I don't
know where I can place my own schema.  Do I need to change the
xmlns="http://www.ttt.org/myns" to another namespace, and how? Information
about how schemas in WFS are imported and refered are also appreciated.

Thanks a lot!

Yours,

N. Zhou