How to perform a search on mapserver

Michael Smith msmith at SANANGELOMPO.ORG
Mon Nov 15 12:13:49 EST 2004

Hi,

I have Mapserver up and running on IIS server.  I am using the Jbox features
to measure and use the rubber band zoom.  The next thing I would like to do
is for the the user to be able to search my db and zoom to that area.  For
example, I have a roads shapefile layer that has street name as on of the db
fields.  I would like to let the user type in a field on the webpage or even
have a drop down list that the user can chooser from and it will take you to
my .map file zoomed to that particular street.  Can anyone point me in the
right direction as how I can do this.  Thanks in advance.

Mike