SLD filter with raster layers

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Tue Nov 16 09:53:51 EST 2004

Bart van den Eijnden wrote:
> Hi Berend,
>
> is your raster 8 bit? AFAIK it does work but only with 8 bit rasters.

Bart,

Note, in MapServer 4.4 the raster classification support should work with
non-8bit layers as well with a few limitations.  The SLD definitions are
just converted into class definitions internally I believe.

Berend Veldkamp wrote:
 > Bart,
 >
 > Yes it's an 8 bit geotiff. Would it make any difference if I use native
 > tiff support instead of GDAL?

Well, hopefully it won't get any better to use the native support.  If it does
I would want to hear about it!

Best regards,