Performance with oraclespatial using ogr

Merlijn Simonse m.simonse at VICREA.NL
Thu Nov 18 03:47:24 EST 2004

Hi all,

I have some oracle layers in my map to which I connect using ogr. I use
ogr because I also make selections on this layer. Everything performs very
well until the Oracle table gets too many records. As soon as it has more
than 10,000 records it can take up to a few minutes to make the map.
Selecting a polygon from this layer takes even more time and selecting n
polygons can take more than 5 minutes.

My data parameter is looks like this.

  CONNECTIONTYPE ogr
  CONNECTION "oci: a/b at c"
  DATA "SELECT GEOM, LOCATIE_ID FROM LOCATIE where LOCATIESOORT_ID = 10"

Is there anyway I can improve performance changing this query or other
parameters?

Thanks,

Merlijn