PostGIS vs MyGis

Björn Platzen bjoern.platzen at MOMATEC.DE
Fri Nov 19 07:08:36 EST 2004

Hi Bart,

thanks for the response.

I don't seem to get the MyGIS-thing running and so I thougt
MySQL-Spatial would follow another approach to get the data out of the
database (maybe in the "postgis-way").

> the MyGIS datastore for Mapserver stores geometry in WKB
> format (or WKT) in a MySQL database field. It has its own
> Perl convertor to put the data into MySQL by using a
> shapefile as input.

> Mapserver has no support (as yet) for the MySQL spatial
> extensions which were released in MySQL 4.1.

8~(((

Is there something on the Roadmap, concerning MySQL spatial??

Bye, Bjoern.