PostGIS vs MyGis

Bart van den Eijnden bartvde at XS4ALL.NL
Fri Nov 19 05:57:32 EST 2004

Hi Giorgi,

I don't think there has been done much work on the spatial extensions by
the MySQL team since Refractions reviewed the MySQL spatial extensions
(June 2003).

I posted a question about the spatial plans on the MySQL list back in 2003
but did not get any response.

http://www.jsw4.net/info/list-archives/mysql/03-wk26/msg00341.html

Best regards,
Bart

> thanx bart to be honest i didn't know that there were these two options. i
> started to work with postgis almost 2 years ago when the mysql geodatabase
> had just been released and there were comments saying that it was not
> mature. After that i didn't follow the mysql evolution but i was curious
> know if that product had evolved and how because i could still use it in
> spite of postgis
> Giorgio

>>> if the MySQL environment is stable and if there are meaningful