PostGIS vs MyGis

Bart van den Eijnden bartvde at XS4ALL.NL
Fri Nov 19 05:53:39 EST 2004

Hi Bjoern,

the MyGIS datastore for Mapserver stores geometry in WKB format (or WKT)
in a MySQL database field. It has its own Perl convertor to put the data
into MySQL by using a shapefile as input.

Mapserver has no support (as yet) for the MySQL spatial extensions which
were released in MySQL 4.1.

Best regards,
Bart