thread support when compiling MS4.4b and libmapscript.so

Dan Barron dbarron at DSWLLC.COM
Fri Nov 19 13:49:28 EST 2004

Sean,

I have come back to this threading topic and hope I can put together a
better question or two on MS 4.4b libmapscript.so thread support.  Maybe
this is obvious, but I want to make sure it is clear to me - when running
configure for MS 4.4b compile should the "--with-threads=linkopt" option be
used to enable threading in the resulting mapserv executable?  In addition,
when building the libmascript.so and mapscript.jar is threading support
then built into the native library?

Thanks,

Dan