thread support when compiling MS4.4b and libmapscript.so

Sean Gillies sgillies at FRII.COM
Fri Nov 19 14:08:18 EST 2004

On Nov 19, 2004, at 11:49 AM, Dan Barron wrote:

> Sean,
>
> I have come back to this threading topic and hope I can put together a
> better question or two on MS 4.4b libmapscript.so thread support.
> Maybe
> this is obvious, but I want to make sure it is clear to me - when
> running
> configure for MS 4.4b compile should the "--with-threads=linkopt"
> option be
> used to enable threading in the resulting mapserv executable?  In
> addition,
> when building the libmascript.so and mapscript.jar is threading support
> then built into the native library?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dan

Dan,

Yes, you must configure --with-threads so that unsafe code is locked
properly
and so that errors are confined to individual threads.  In the native
library?
You mean libmapscript.so?  Yes.

Sean

--