Perl MapScript - newbie blues

Eric Bridger eric at GOMOOS.ORG
Sat Nov 20 16:53:58 EST 2004

Have you discovered the mapserver wiki?
There is a section on PerlMapscript and a page of examples:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?PerlMapScriptExamples35

At the very bottom of that page you'll find a Mapscript 4.2 example which should help you get started drawing points.
I'd be happy to share additional code, I have several large Perl Mapscript applications. (Mostly 3.6).

Eric