WMS Request Question

Bart van den Eijnden bartvde at XS4ALL.NL
Mon Nov 22 14:29:05 EST 2004

With WMS the client determines which layers are on by specifying the
layer(s) it wants to see through the layers= parameter.

So layers=A,B means it wants layer A and B displayed.

Only exception is STATUS DEFAULT, which will always be on (for instance
for copyright annotation). In 4.4 a warning is generated in the
capabilities for this behaviour, to make sure the person who is setting up
the WMS knows for sure what he/she is doing when using STATUS DEFAULT.

Best regards,
Bart