mapserver java servlets

Chris test at STIGASCORP.COM
Wed Nov 24 09:20:16 EST 2004

Hello,

You can just use a singleton instead.  It's a much more elegant solution.

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Frank Rittinger [mailto:gis at SCHNEGG.NET]
Sent: Wednesday, November 24, 2004 2:35 AM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] mapserver java servlets

Hola Jose,

On Tuesday 23 November 2004 10:44, Jose Luis Gonzalez wrote:
> And even worse, when I do any modifications and I put the new .class file
> in the server, I have an error because it says that the library was already
> loaded, and my only solution now to solve it is to turn off the server and
> turn it on again.

External libraries can only be loaded once into Tomcat.  One work-around would
be to create an extra webapp that loads the mapscript library and never gets
reloaded.  I remember that there was a thread about this in this mailing
list.

Regards,        Frank

--
Frank Rittinger

TERRAPLAN Geographische Informationssysteme
Gewerbestr. 33
79227 Schallstadt
Germany

Tel.: 07664-505315