mapserver java servlets

Chris test at STIGASCORP.COM
Wed Nov 24 09:34:14 EST 2004

Jose, what servlet container are you using?

Try initializing the servlet first without calling it -- you can do this by
putting it in web.xml like this:

<servlet>
    <servlet-name>test</servlet-name>
    <servlet-class> {your class name} </servlet-class>
    <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
</servlet>
This will force the init() to run without the service().  Also you should
avoid lazy initialization in Singleton classes.

Regards,

Chris

  -----Original Message-----
  From: Jose Luis Gonzalez [mailto:joseluismapserver at YAHOO.ES]
  Sent: Wednesday, November 24, 2004 4:51 AM
  To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
  Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] mapserver java servlets

  Hi Oliver,
  I have just done what you recomended,  leaving the JavaMapscript-Class so
the only thing he does is to load the library.
  Then in another class, the one where I have my servlet, I wote in the:
public void init (ServletConfig cfg){

  JavaMapscript.getInstance();

  and later in the:
  public void service (HttpServletRequest req, HttpServletResponse res){

  I began writing my mapscript code, and it still gives me the same error:

  javax.servlet.ServletException: Native Library
/opt/SUNappserver/domains/domain1/lib/ext/libmapscript.so already loaded in
another classloader

  Do you know why?

  Thank you

  Jose Luis

  Oliver Wesp <wesp at gdv.com> wrote:
    Hi,

    you're on the right way to avoid the "Native library cannot be loaded
    twice" error. Your JavaMapscript-Class implements a singleton so it's
    loaded only once in Tomcat. But you should not add your mapscript code
    to this class. Whenever you change the class Tomcat tries to reload and
    complains about the library already loaded.
    Write a second class and load the library with

    JavaMapscript.getInstance();

    Add your mapscript code to that class and you should be fine.

    best regards
    Oliver

    --
    Dipl.-Geogr. Oliver Wesp
    Gesellschaft fuer geografische Datenverarbeitung