Attention java programmers: mapscript thread safety

Jeff Hoffmann jeff at PROPERTYKEY.COM
Wed Nov 24 11:58:32 EST 2004

Sean Gillies wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm really happy to see more Java mapscript activity.  This next
> release coming up should be a very good one, and can be made even
> better if you will all download and try the 4.4.0beta3 available
> from the mapserver web site:
>
>   http://cvs.gis.umn.edu/dist/mapserver-4.4.0-beta3.tar.gz
>
> If you discover a problem, do not delay in reporting it to the
> MapServer bugzilla.

Since this thread should catch the attention of the Java/MapServer
contingent, I thought it'd be a good place for a request.  Does anyone
have a Windows binary with a Java MapScript library that they can share?
  Alternately, has anybody successfully done it?  Can it be built with
MinGW or some other free compiler?  I'm not set up to compile something
like this on Windows and the whole process seems like it could turn into
a serious chore just for some experimenting.

--
Jeff Hoffmann
jeff at propertykey.com