ok - got zoom to work - another question

Wed Nov 24 13:34:29 EST 2004

Joseph,

The easiest way to get a feel for scale is to use an html template and
cgi mode of mapserver, where you display the scale in html. you could
also add a non-scalling label to the map where you set the text to be
the mapserver scale then every time you zoom you will see the scale of
the image. then turn off the layer in production.

If you only have 10 max teachers per zipcode them just draw a circle at
the zipcode x/y and set the size = #teacher*2 so you will get circles
between 2 and 20 and see the relative number of teachers.

You can do both of these in Mapscript, maybe some of the Perl Monks
would be willing to offer some snippets on how to do these.

-Steve