msProcessProjection(): unknown projection id

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Thu Nov 25 11:53:01 EST 2004

joerg pfeiffer wrote:

> before I recompile -
>
> When I call the mapfile directly with
> mapserv?map=worldmap.map
> there is no problem. So it shouldn't be the mapfile!?
>
> But, up to when the error occurs, I do almost nothing with php. It's just:
> $neuemap = new roadMap;
> $neuemap->mapfile = "worldmap4.map";
> $neuemap->mapInit();
>
> function mapInit(){
>        $this->map = ms_newMapObj($this->mapfile);
> and in this first line the error occurs.
>
> So I don't set any projection in php.

It could just be that PHP does some extra steps internally that the CGI
doesn't do when you just call mapserv?map=worldmap.map. That doesn't
mean that there is not a problem in your mapfile. Did you really only
pass the map argument and nothing else? Did you try browsing the map
with the CGI? You should check all your projection definitions in your
mapfile, or send a copy of a stripped down copy of the mapfile that
reproduces this.

  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca