msProcessProjection(): unknown projection id

joerg pfeiffer superbla3000 at GMX.NET
Wed Nov 24 19:13:30 EST 2004

Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> joerg pfeiffer wrote:
>
>> hello,
>>
>> i installed mapserver with the lingis rpms. Everything seemed to be
>> fine, but when I am running my .phtml files I get the error:
>>
>> msProcessProjection(): unknown projection id
>>
>> I tried to change the projection, I completely deleted the projection, I
>> completely deleted all the contents of the whole file, but nothing
>> happens. I always get this error.
>

> Joerg,
>
> The message means an unrecognised value was passed to pj_init() for the
> proj=<value> argument of a projection definition.  This is quite unusual.
> It is almost certain that somewhere in your .map file or your PHP script
> there will be something setting a projection and for some reason doing
> so improperly.

before I recompile -

When I call the mapfile directly with
mapserv?map=worldmap.map
there is no problem. So it shouldn't be the mapfile!?

But, up to when the error occurs, I do almost nothing with php. It's just:
$neuemap = new roadMap;
$neuemap->mapfile = "worldmap4.map";
$neuemap->mapInit();

function mapInit(){
        $this->map = ms_newMapObj($this->mapfile);
and in this first line the error occurs.

So I don't set any projection in php.

Where is the problem?
that's quite strange...

Any idea helps