datapattern and OGR connectiontype

Javier Castillejo jcastil1 at TRAGSA.ES
Fri Nov 26 06:22:58 EST 2004

Hi there,

I'm wondering if there is any methos related or notr with DATAPATTER that
allow to chande the "DATA".

Tyler Mitchell wrote one year ago "Can the datapattern method be used for
other data sources than simple shape
file references (i.e. used in the sql for a postgis layer?)."

I've been seraching the archives with not results...my question is just
that .

I'm using mapserv4.2 IIS php OracleSpatia on Oralce8.1.7

I would like to change the DATA 'cos I have to select the data depending on
some parameters from the users. I've tried with "DATAPATTERN ".*" (and all
it's different ways) + "map_layername_data" but no results, no errors and
the DATA comes from the mapfile definition!!!

It works find with shp+bdf files!!!!

It works find with CONNECTIONTYPE oraclespatial!!!! (but I will have
problems when query the map--> "msOracleSpatialLayerGetShape():
OracleSpatial error. Function not implemented yet")

It fails with CONNECTIONTYPE OGR

here is an mapfile scratch:

MAP
 NAME           Frames_
 IMAGETYPE      png24
 SIZE        800 600
 EXTENT         -450000 3800000 1200000 4870000

 SHAPEPATH      "../data/"
 SYMBOLSET      "../symbols/symbols35.sym"
 FONTSET        "../fonts/fonts.list"
 UNITS METERS
 DATAPATTERN ".*"
        .