bounding polygon

Thomas Chesky thomaschesky at YAHOO.COM
Sat Nov 27 18:10:42 EST 2004

Hello,

Is there a tool out there to create a shapefile containing one polygon, which is the combined boundary of another shapefiles's shapes?

For example, I have a shapefile containing parcel polygons for a county. I want to create another shapefile based on these parcel shapes which describes the combined boundary of parcels (e.g. to be able to effetively check if a point is in the bounding polygon)

Pls. let me know what is the best approach to get such bounding shape.

Thanks

http://mail.yahoo.com