People using the Next_Generation_API?

Cord Thomas cord at LUPINEX.COM
Sun Nov 28 12:18:51 EST 2004

Hello,

I see mixed results when querying google about issues like getShapes()
where it appears some people are using the next generation API?  I am
unclear - is this meant to be used now, or as place holder for future
interfaces?

I am working on a Perl mapserver application and would like to use the
getShape(shapeindex) function, but it does not appear to be available in
perl/mapscript_wrap.c - would this be available if i compiled mapserver
with the NEXT_GENERATION_API directive?  and how do i do that?

Thank you

Cord