is there a command line tool to rotate large(huge) TIFFs?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Mon Nov 29 21:35:41 EST 2004

Merrett, Mike wrote:

> Hi:
>         Does anyone know of a command line tool that will rotate tiff's
> 24.9degrees counter clockwise?
>
>         I have the 4 tiffs which I have rotated with Photoshop - but
> when I try to combine them (and then rotate them) Photoshop blows says
> too big
>
>         I believe I can combine them and then split them up again with
> GDAL tiff tools - but how to rotate them?

Mike,

If you can associate world files with them that describe the rotation you want
undone then you can use gdalwarp to rotate them.  Alternatively if you can
associate control points with the corners, GDAL can work from that.  But
there isn't any pure "rotate by angle" type operation conveniently available
in GDAL.

You can contact me directly if you have questions about how to associate GCPs
with an image, or how to setup a world file.

Best regards,