gdal above 1.2.3 not building

Benjamin Thelen bt at CCGIS.DE
Tue Nov 30 13:36:42 EST 2004

Hi list, hello Frank,

I have a SuSE 9.0 with gcc-3.3.1 running and try to install
gdal-1.2.5. I receive the following error at the end of ./configure. I
suppose, that this is the reason why "make" stops. The same ist true
for gdal-1.2.4.

configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating GDALmake.opt
sed: file ./confstatuuF913/subs-3.sed line 16: Unterminated `s' command
config.status: creating port/cpl_config.h
config.status: port/cpl_config.h is unchanged

GDAL is now configured for i686-pc-linux-gnu

GDALmake.opt is empty!?

It is no problem to build gdal-1.2.3 and it is also no problem to
build newer versions than 1.2.3 on debian with gcc-2.95.

I hope to get Mr.SID support compiled successfully into the newer
versions, because this files on 1.2.3 and earlier.

Any help is appreciated!

Best Regards,
Benjamin