labeling with multiple fields

David Fawcett David.Fawcett at STATE.MN.US
Tue Nov 30 16:41:50 EST 2004

Michael,

Take a look at this list message from five days ago.

http://lists.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0411&L=mapserver-users&P=R57946&I=-3&X=6341F8111D836CFBD5&Y=david.fawcett@moea.state.mn.us

Dylan wrote a much more complete example than I did on this one....

I assume that you could take his example

LAYER
   NAME counties
   TYPE POLYGON
   DATA orcnty24
   STATUS ON
   LABELITEM "COUNTY_NAM"
   LABELMINSCALE 540000
   LABELMAXSCALE 2400000
   CLASS
     NAME "Counties"
     OUTLINECOLOR 50 50 50
     COLOR -1 -1 -1
     TEXT ([COUNTY_NAM] CO)
     LABEL
       TYPE BITMAP
       SIZE SMALL
       POSITION CC
       WRAP " "
       COLOR 0 0 0
     END
   END
END

And extend it to include two fields

TEXT ([DIR]  [STREET])

David.

David J. Fawcett
MN Office of Environmental Assistance

>>> Michael Smith <msmith at SANANGELOMPO.ORG> 11/30/2004 3:13:16 PM >>>
Hi,

Can I label my maps with multiple fields.

labelitem "street"

what is the correct syntax for this if I want to put the direction
field on
my streets labels along with street name.

is it:
labelitem "dir" + "street" ###also how can put a space between the two
labels.

I can seem to get this right.  Any suggestions?  thanks.