4.4 Windows Binaries (Oracle, SDE, and others)

Jeff Hoffmann jeff at PROPERTYKEY.COM
Tue Nov 30 18:14:49 EST 2004

Howard Butler wrote:
> All,
>
> I have compiled what I am calling the "kitchen sink" Windows binaries and
> made them available for download.  They are located at
> <http://hobu.stat.iastate.edu/mapserver/>.  Here is a quick rundown of what
> is available for support:

I'm pretty excited about this -- I was asking just the other day about a
Windows binary Java MapScript.  I had just started in with MinGW trying
to compile all of the dependencies when this message appeared, so you
may have saved a lot of hair-pulling.  I'm trying the "normal" java
build & and the only problem so far is that I got an unresolved
dependency on my first try -- your GDAL was compiled with
MrSID support & the DLL for it wasn't included in the package.  I went
out and grabbed the MrSID SDK, though, and now I'm off and running.
It'd be nice to warn people that they'll need the SDK and tell them how
to get it.

--
Jeff Hoffmann
jeff at propertykey.com