problems with the demoversion for mapserver

Manjiri Andhare manjiri_r at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Oct 1 11:45:07 EDT 2004

Hi!!
I'm also facing the same problem. I'm using Windows 2000 OS and IIS Server
to run the workshop demo application. When i load the index.html, it shows
me the page, but when i try first 3 options ("Basic Application","Add
Second scalebar" and "Adds Pan Controls"), it gives me the "File Download"
dialouge , and asks whether to OPEN/SAVE/CANCEL/More Info for
the "mapserv.exe" file. If I click "open", DOS prmomt comes for a moment
and goes off.
But if i select"Adds dhtml rubber band box", and click "Initialize" button,
it shows me html page with 1 big red box on left and one small red box on
right down corners and few radio buttons for Action and Zooming, it aslo
shows one dropdown to select the Layers to display. But when i select one
of those layers to display, and click the"Refresh Map" button, it really
doesn't do anything.
Can anyone help with this? Thank you,
Manjiri

On Fri, 1 Oct 2004 08:56:43 +0200, Christiane Ottacher (MULTIMEDIAPLAN.AT)
<ottacher at MULTIMEDIAPLAN.AT> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>currently I try to install and configure the UMN MapServer. I use the
Apache