Exceptions for Java, Ruby, C# mapscript in 4.4

Sean Gillies sgillies at FRII.COM
Fri Oct 1 12:15:25 EDT 2004

I posted this to the developers list yesterday and am now
looking for input from mapscript users.  Please not that
this does not concern PHP mapscript, only the SWIG-based
flavors.

Some have asked about Perl exceptions.  SWIG's exception
library for Perl uses croak().  Each method call will
peek into the mapserver error stack, and if an error is
found, execution will stop and Perl will croak with the
mapserver error message.

Sean

Begin forwarded message: