Internal Server error when processing TIFF images

Michael Klein mklein at WAPA.GOV
Fri Oct 1 16:20:10 EDT 2004

I have recently compiled mapserver 4.2.3 cgi using the Mapserver wiki
article "RedHat9 And Mapserver40b" as a template but using the following
versions of support "libraries" listed below.  We get correct information
displayed initally (roads, state lines, symbols, etc. none are tiff images)
but when we all tiff image layers, we receive Internal Server Error.  All
of the data, html and mapfile were copied from our "live" server using
mapserver 3.6.4 cgi with apache 2.0.47 compiled from source.  The files
were modified to reflect the new server urls.  The mapserver string from
OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP OUTPUT=PDF SUPPORTS=PROJ
SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT
SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE -->
In the error log, the beginning of the error is "Premature end of script
headers: mapserv, referer: <WEBSITE URL>.
Any pointers as to what could cause this would be appreciated.

Mike Klein

  RedHat ES 3.0 with all available updates through up2date
  Apache web server 2.0.50 (compiled from source and using mostly default
settings
  curl 7.12.1
  gd 2.0.28
  gdal 1.2.0