Help with displaying a single RASTER image

Jan Hartmann j.l.h.hartmann at UVA.NL
Sat Oct 2 08:25:52 EDT 2004

Bob Bruce wrote:

> I am reviewing the tutorial and re-learning the MapServer by looking over
> work that I had done previously on another computer and converting examples
> that I had done with my own data (and that previously worked) to the new
> paths on this computer. Now I am finding that I cannot get the server to
> display a single GeoTIFF image under some vector data. I can see the vector
> data but the raster image won't draw for some reason. I hope that someone
> out there has some suggestion as to why the raster isn't appearing. I have
> checked my path to the raster data and it is correct. I have tried settings
> with processing the COLOR_MATCH_THRESHOLD and it didn't work. I even tried
> turning off INTERLACE in the map image and it didn't work.
>
> The strange thing is that when I jump ahead to an example that I had done
> with image tiles, this works and displays the raster tiles. But I can't seem
> to get it to work with a single image. I also can't get the raster in the
> standard tutorial35 to display.
>
> Does anyone out there have an answer to my problem?

Hi Bob,

Why did you comment out "STATUS DEFAULT" in the raster layer and
replaced it by "STATUS  ON"? This way, the layer will not be displayed,
unless you specifically mention it in the url.

Jan