Mapscript + PNG: filled symbol has only a partly filled output

Norbert Thieme norbert.thieme at ILMENAU.BAW.DE
Mon Oct 4 08:25:14 EDT 2004

Hello,

I have a simple symbol like in the mapfile reference:

  SYMBOL
    NAME 'circle'
    TYPE ELLIPSE
    FILLED TRUE
    POINTS
      1 1
    END
  END

and I use it in a class in my mapfile:

    CLASS
      STYLE
        COLOR      80 80 160
        SYMBOL    'circle'
        SIZE           30
      END
    END

The problem is that it is not completly filled -  see circle_symbol.png.
This only happens with mapscript. In CGI mode the output is fine. I
tried GD/PNG and GDAL/PNG as OUTPUTFORMAT but the problem is the same in
both results. When I use JPEG as outputfformat it is completly filled.
I'm using MS v4.2.2  on Linux with Apache2 and PHP 4.3.6.

The outputformat is like:

  OUTPUTFORMAT
    NAME png
    MIMETYPE image/png
    DRIVER GDAL/PNG
#    DRIVER GD/PNG
    EXTENSION png
    IMAGEMODE PC256
  END

Do anyone know the effect? Am I doing something wrong or is there
another problem?

Thanks in advance,
Norbert