Mapscript + PNG: filled symbol has only a partly filled output

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Mon Oct 11 17:39:55 EDT 2004

Norbert Thieme wrote:

> The problem is that it is not completly filled -  see circle_symbol.png.
> This only happens with mapscript. In CGI mode the output is fine. I
> tried GD/PNG and GDAL/PNG as OUTPUTFORMAT but the problem is the same in
> both results. When I use JPEG as outputfformat it is completly filled.
> I'm using MS v4.2.2  on Linux with Apache2 and PHP 4.3.6.

If this happens only with PHP MapScript and not with the CGI then I woud
suspect that conflicting versions of GD or libpng are used by MapServer
and by PHP. If you have the PHP GD module enabled then try disabling it,
or rebuilding PHP using the same GD and libpng that you used to build
MapServer and php_mapscript.so

Daniel
  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca