gdalindex question

Dylan Beaudette dylan at IICI.NO-IP.ORG
Mon Oct 4 14:18:18 EDT 2004

Greetings!

I have a pile of DOQQ images  that i would like to use with my map, and wanted
to use gdalindex to setup an efficient way for these images to be loaded.

note that everything is in the same projection.

after running:
gdaltindex doqq_index.shp *.tiff

i am left with a shapfile with entries for all of the images.... seems ok.

...looking at the output in QGIS:
http://169.237.35.250/~dylan/temp/gdalindex_problems.jpg
...all seems fine (except for a few mssing images)

however mapserver is not rendering the tiff files based on the index:
http://169.237.35.250/~dylan/temp/tile_index.png

here is my layer defs in my map file:
----------------------------snip----------------------------
LAYER
 NAME "DOQQ_index"
 TYPE RASTER
 TILEINDEX "imagery/doqq/tiled/doqq_index.shp"
 TILEITEM "Location"

 #DATA "imagery/doqq/tiled/o38122f1nw.tif.temp.tiff"
 STATUS DEFAULT

 #remove the black (no_data) pixels!
 CLASSITEM "[pixel]"
 CLASS