gdalindex question

Ed McNierney ed at TOPOZONE.COM
Mon Oct 4 14:37:37 EDT 2004

Dylan -

Thanks for asking a well-documented question!

Your MapServer output looks like you're using the tile index layer as a
POLYGON layer, and doesn't seem to match up with the map file fragment you
post (i.e. there's no TYPE POLYGON layer with labels there).  The filenames
that are appearing as labels look a little funny - are you sure those are
the correct filenames?

Also, you're causing all black pixels to be displayed as white, which won't
"remove" them.  You may want to use the OFFSITE statement to cause black
pixels to be transparent, letting overlapped data show through.

      - Ed

Ed McNierney
President and Chief Mapmaker
TopoZone.com