gdalindex question

Dylan Keon keon at NACSE.ORG
Mon Oct 4 17:21:34 EDT 2004

On 10/04/2004 01:58 PM, Dylan Beaudette wrote:
> Not many people out there with this name!
>
> Nice to meet you.

Likewise!

> ...well i tried your suggestions, but no change in the output.
>
> here is my layer defs now:
> ---------------------------
> LAYER
>  NAME "DOQQ_index"
>  TYPE RASTER
>  TILEINDEX
> "/home/dylan/public_html/mapserver/mapunit/data/imagery/doqq/tiled/doqq_index.shp"
> (line wrapped by email client)
>
>  TILEITEM "location"
>
>  #DATA "imagery/doqq/tiled/o38122f1nw.tif.temp.tiff"
>  STATUS DEFAULT
>
>  #ignore black pixels (treat as transparent)
>  OFFSITE 0 0 0
>

>  #render the rest of the pixel values!
>  CLASS
>   NAME "DOQQ"
>  END
> END
> ------------------------------
>
> not sure what to try next, but it must be something simple!

For the moment, you might as well comment out OFFSITE and your CLASS
block to see if either of those makes any difference.  I doubt you need
that CLASS block in there anyway.

Here is a simple tileindex layer def that works for me:

LAYER
   NAME "drg_index"
   STATUS ON
   TYPE RASTER
   OFFSITE 0 0 0
   TILEINDEX "/a1/data/or/shp/drg_index.shp"
   TILEITEM "location"
END

Did you compile mapserver using the --with-gdal and --without-tiff
options?  Have you been able to display single georeferenced TIFFs?

--Dylan