gdalindex question

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Tue Oct 5 10:16:06 EDT 2004

Dylan Keon wrote:
> Hi Dylan :-)
>
> After upgrading to 4.2.x or so, I found I had to use absolute paths for
> tileindexes.  That is, SHAPEPATH wouldn't work with my TILEINDEX
> declaration.  So, try:
>
>   TILEINDEX "/full/path/to/imagery/doqq/tiled/doqq_index.shp"
>
> and see if that makes a difference.  Also, are you sure it's TILEITEM
> "Location" instead of "location"?  It may be case sensitive, I can't
> remember.

Dylan (or Dylan),

I would appreciate confirmation if this is the issue.  There seem to have
been alot of problems with paths and tileindexes in 4.2 and later but I am
not aware of these issues being confirmed as bugs and filed as such.  In
particular, I would like to ensure none of these problems exist in 4.4
when we release it.  We might also be able to roll fixes into 4.2.4 or later.

Best regards,