Spatial Query on VirtualSpatial layer

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Fri Oct 8 16:56:56 EDT 2004

Blaine Hackett wrote:
> All
>
> Is there any way to do a spatial query on a
> VirtualSpatialData layer?
>
> I tried a general mapserver query like you use on a
> shapefile and got this error.
> "mapserv(): Web application error. No way to generate
> a valid map extent from selected shapes."
>
> This looks bad to me. Am I out of luck or just doing
> it wrong?

Blaine,

As long as you have spatial information available on the virtual
layer (for instance by picking x and y columns from the original table)
you should be able to do spatial queries against the virtual layer.

Tracking through the code it looks like you might get this error if
you did a query and got no results back.  Is that possible?  Or, if you
query results had no spatial information.

Best regards,