Spatial Query on VirtualSpatial layer

Blaine Hackett blaine_hack1 at YAHOO.COM
Mon Oct 25 22:22:30 EDT 2004

Frank

Sorry it took so long to reply.  I get a day about
every two weeks to work on this.

I am using an X and Y field from an ODBC connection to
show the VSD layer.  I can see them but I have not
successfully queried them.  I have tried several
different query types within the VSD.

Here is my layer syntax:
LAYER
    NAME "tracklayer"
    TYPE point
    CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
    CONNECTION "C:\data\virtual_minn.ovf" # the name
and path to the virtual.ovf file, relative to
shapepath may work?
    DATA "trackstuff"
    STATUS ON
    #LABELITEM "truck"
    LABELANGLEITEM "heading"
    LABELCACHE OFF
    FORCE ON
    PROJECTION
       proj=latlong
    END
    TOLERANCEUNITS feet
    TOLERANCE 300
    CLASSITEM "speed1"
    CLASS
    TEMPLATE "query.html"
    EXPRESSION "55"
    TEXT "."
     LABEL
      COLOR 255 0 0
      TYPE TRUETYPE
      FONT esriarrow
      SIZE 25
      MINSIZE 20
      MAXSIZE 30
      END
    END
    CLASS
    EXPRESSION "44"
    TEXT "."
     LABEL
      COLOR 0 255 0
      TYPE TRUETYPE
      FONT esriarrow
      SIZE 25
      MINSIZE 20
      MAXSIZE 30
      END
     END
END

So, to click on them or draw a box around several
points and have the info about the point returned to
an html query template is all I am tying to do.

Does that make sense?

Blaine