Spatial Query on VirtualSpatial layer

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Tue Oct 26 10:40:20 EDT 2004

Blaine Hackett wrote:
> I am using an X and Y field from an ODBC connection to
> show the VSD layer.  I can see them but I have not
> successfully queried them.  I have tried several
> different query types within the VSD.
> So, to click on them or draw a box around several
> points and have the info about the point returned to
> an html query template is all I am tying to do.
>
> Does that make sense?

Blaine,

As far as I can tell your approach is reasonable, but then I didn't see
query template.  I don't actually use queries very often but as far as I know
they should work the same for VRT/ODBC layers as they do for other OGR layers.

You may need to be careful about uppercase/lower case for attribute names.
Verify the attributes returned by ogrinfo.exe against your .vrt file against
the names for the attributes in your query template.

Sorry I don't have more constructive suggestions.

Best regards,