Spatial Query on VirtualSpatial layer

Blaine Hackett blaine_hack1 at YAHOO.COM
Thu Oct 28 21:58:15 EDT 2004

Frank, or anyone else

I got the spatial query to return data to the query
template but only after doing an "nquery".  By doing
this,it is also querying an actual shapefile that it
is and returning the data from the shapefile along
with the VRT layer data.

The error again, "mapserv(): Web application error. No
way to generate a valid map extent from selected
shapes." would seem to indicate that there is no way
to get a map extent from the VRT layer.

The query template has correct data from the tables
but the map that is displayed is completely wacked
out!

I am projection XY coords in LAT/LONG on the fly to
UTM.  Could that be part of the problem?

I could send screen shots of the original map and then
the query map if that would help.

Anything else I can try?

Thanks
Blaine