About REGEX.

Bob Basques bob.basques at CI.STPAUL.MN.US
Mon Oct 11 13:09:44 EDT 2004

All,

I have a set of 1 foot contours that I would like to publish.

I had thought about setting up more than one source file for different
resolutions.  But, if I can use a REGEX to filter for say 5 and ten foot
elevations (attributes) I can get it all done with a single layer.

Can I filter on the values or characters in some way for display/labelling?

Some desired layers:

All the Contours.
Every 2 feet. (even values)
Every 5 feet. (values ending in "0" or "5")
Every 10 feet. (values ending in "0")

The Elevation value will be an attribute to the (polyline).

Or,

Is it better to build  a different dataset for each desired output?

Thanks

bobb