Multi Query Guidance

Eric Katherman vaiod at BERLOY.COM
Mon Oct 11 16:08:37 EDT 2004

Okay I am trying to figure out how to find the nearest intersecting streets on
a map.  I am looking for these streets based on a point (408979.83058915,
897117.98180317).  What advise or information could you give me on how to get
the nearest intersection of a given point.  I am using 4.2.3 with projection,
PHP, and MySQL although I am not using mygis quite yet (having trouble with
shp2mysql.pl)  The queries I am doing right now are all based on PHP/MySQL
stored points and the point the user clicked, and they work great.  I just
need to know how to get the nearest intersection at the point clicked as
well.

Any advise would be very helpfull.. Thanks