Esri ArcMap and Mapserver

Tyler Mitchell tylermitchell at SHAW.CA
Tue Oct 12 00:18:17 EDT 2004

On October 11, 2004 08:42 pm, you wrote:
> Hello,
> Thank you for your reply, please does that mean that mapserver cant process
> mxd file.

Not that I know of.  Someone may have hacked something together, but I haven't
seen it at all.  Certainly not be default!!!

> If so in which other format of ArcMap can mapserver process. I
> want to publish pie/bar chart maps.

What do you want to be able to do with MapServer?  I don't quite understand
what you mean.   I guess that you want to create chart maps and save them in
a format that you can add as a layer to MapServer -- right?

I would try File > Export, then try to save as a TIFF or Geotiff.  In one of
them you can tell it to create a world file, I think.  That image should be
able to be used within MapServer.

If you have a sample, I'd love to see it.  I don't have ArcMap in front of me
at the moment, but when I do next time, I'll check into it for you.

Tyler