WMS Client problem followup

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Wed Oct 13 14:52:28 EDT 2004

Jerl Simpson wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I discovered my problem from earlier.  It looked like the colon was
> causing the problem, but my "+" conversion for spaces was the problem.
>  I took those out and the error went away.

Yeah, that would explain it: as I explained in my previous reply,
MapServer takes care of encoding the layer name and that includes the
spaces. So if you already replaced the spaces with + then they were
encoded twice.

> Now I have a different problem...still on the WMS though.
>
> Now I get a blank image from the enc WMS server.  And when I use my
> mapserver as a WMS Server with the enc layer in question turned on, it
> fails and gives this error:
>
> msHTTPExecuteRequests(): HTTP request error. Can't open output file
> 1097688254560150.img.tmp.

The WMS client code uses the IMAGEPATH directory to temporarily store
the image returned by the remote WMS server. So you should make sure
that IMAGEPATH is set to point to a directory that the web server has
permissions to write to.

  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca