Displaying GRASS]

Richard Greenwood richard.greenwood at GMAIL.COM
Thu Oct 14 12:34:34 EDT 2004

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 16:07:44 +0200, Jan Hartmann <j.l.h.hartmann at uva.nl> wrote:
> Ljiljana wrote:
>
> > Does it work for you? At my server it does not work. I can se only data
> > from the location described in .grassrc5 Other locations are not
> > recognized as grass data.
> > Ljiljana Bodrozic
> >

> Well, I tried it out with the following MapFile and it worked:
>
> layer
>    name a1
>    status default
>    type raster
>    data /grass/refmaps/roads/cellhd/reference
> end
>
> layer
>    name a2
>    status default
>    type raster
>    data  /grass/kadaster/plans/cellhd/a3
> end
>
> As you see, both rasters are even in different GRASS databases, and they
> just show up fine, Are you sure you put the *full* path in your MapFile?
>
> Jan

Jan,

I know you have suggested using the full path in the past, but I never
got it to work. I have always relied upon the .grassrc5 file in
htdocs. I wonder if there is anything else unique to your
configuration that allows the full path approach to work for you, but
not for the rest of us?

Regards,
--
Richard Greenwood