MapServer usage stats

Gregory S. Williamson gsw at GLOBEXPLORER.COM
Thu Oct 14 20:33:29 EDT 2004

Kevin,

As far as your second question, we are using MapServer (although not for the general public just yet) to produce maps with our imagery and various vector datasets (flood maps, parcel data, crime stats, streets and the like). We are a fairly large provider of satellite and aerial photography and look to MapServer as an integral part of our toolkit.

Greg Williamson
DBA
GlobeXplorer LLC

-----Original Message-----
From:   Kevin Grootendorst [mailto:kgrootendorst at BAIRD.COM]
Sent:   Thu 10/14/2004 11:52 AM
To:     MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject:        [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] MapServer usage stats
Hello List,
I'm putting together a brief presentation on MapServer for my company and I
would like to include info about the following:

1.  Number of current users of MapServer
2.  Major US and Canadian companies that have used (or are using) MapServer
(eg. USACE, Natural Resources Canada)
3.  Attendance at first user conference vs. second user conference
4.  Percent increase in users since ~2000 (or some time in the late 1990's)?

Could anybody out there help to answer these questions for me?

Thanks.

Kevin