Displaying GRASS]

Richard Greenwood richard.greenwood at GMAIL.COM
Thu Oct 14 22:23:30 EDT 2004

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 19:12:47 +0200, Jan Hartmann <j.l.h.hartmann at uva.nl> wrote:
> Richard Greenwood wrote:
>
>   >
> > Jan,
> >
> > I know you have suggested using the full path in the past, but I never
> > got it to work. I have always relied upon the .grassrc5 file in
> > htdocs. I wonder if there is anything else unique to your
> > configuration that allows the full path approach to work for you, but
> > not for the rest of us?
> >

> Hi Rich,
>
> Well, I looked and didn't find a .grassrc5 file in my server
> environment. According to the libgrass README the MapServer-GRASS
> interface will read information about Location, Mapset and Database from
> $DOCUMENT_ROOT/.grassrc5. I would have thought that this was only done
> with relative pathnames, as in the standalone GDAL utilities, but
> perhaps it also happens with full pathnames. In that case it is a bug.
> You could try to remove .grassrc in $DOCUMENT_ROOT, and see if you can
> access GRASS rasters with with their full path in MapServer. I have been
> doing it for years!
>
> Jan

Well I tried a few things, and for me, I still seem to need the
.grassrc5 in htdocs. Using the full path I was able to point at a
different MAPSET than the one defined in .grassrc5, however the
MAPSET defined in .grassrc must still be a valid, existing mapset. My
gdal version is 1.2.0.0.

This situation does not cause me any trouble, I am just sharing my
experience in case it is useful in Ljiljana's situation.

Jan, you don't by any chance set the GISDBASE, LOCATION_NAME, or
MAPSET as environment variables do you?

Regards,
--
Richard Greenwood