query on oraclespatial using OGR/OCI

Pierre GIRAUD bluecarto at FREE.FR
Mon Oct 18 09:47:13 EDT 2004

 Hello,

Following the good advices of Frank Warmerdam, I improve in using oracle spatial
data with spatial indexes. For now, I know that I should not use sql statements
in the mapfile but queries directly to the table :

  DATA "my_table"
instead of
  DATA "select * from my_table"

Both return the same images. Shapes are well drawn, and labeling is correct.

But the first (more performant) statement doesn't give good results to a query.
The data returned doesn't correspond to what is expected. And no shape is
highlighted.

Do someone using Oracle have same problems ?

Pierre GIRAUD
camptocamp.com