map images source location

Manjiri Andhare mandhare at STATE.PA.US
Mon Oct 18 09:50:09 EDT 2004

Hello!!
I'm trying to learn the working of mapserver. When I run the Itasca demo,
some files get created in the tmp folder(which i have created). My question
is, when mapserver draws the map in the browser, from where does it get the
different images(Itasca map,scalebar,legend,reference etc.)?
For the time being, i have set the path in different html files
(itasca_basic.html,itasca_adds_frames.html  etc.) to the files that are
created under the tmp folder(for scalebar,reference,map etc).
But I'm not sure about whether to hard code these paths to temporary files
created by Mapserver. Because when i go throught itasca.map, I see that for
reference, there is a "image" object which is set to the path in the
graphics folder.
So, could anybody tell me that from where mapserver takes the map/images to
draw in the browser... from tmemporary files which it creates or from the
graphics foder?
Thank you,
Manjiri